Is your child prone to throwing temper tantrums?
Throwing, kicking, biting, screaming, hysterical crying – all typical reactions of children during tantrums. Outbursts of anger and rage that cannot be controlled by the child.
Here’s what Mum, Sarah, said about my recent treatment for her daughter’s tantrums.
“My daughter age 5 was throwing tantrums constantly at the thought of getting showered or having a bath, no matter how I coaxed or chatted to her or consoled her. A friend of mine suggested I bring her to Anne Collins, as she had had great success with her son for homeopathic treatment of night terrors. I contacted Anne and a few days after our consultation a remedy arrived in the post. Remedy to be taken once per day for 3 days. The improvement was almost immediate. 6 months later she remains happy to wash and shower and is a lot more easy going. Wish I had heard about Anne sooner!” Sarah
Some children (and teenagers) are more prone to temper tantrums than others.
And, of course, toddlers are much more prone than anybody as they feel frustrated due to their limited communication skills and act out that frustration. The joys of the “the terrible twos”!
But, with the beauty of individuality, not every toddler throws tantrums. Clinging and whinging is also quite common but different remedies are used for this. The No. 1 remedy for clinging whingy children is Pulsatilla 30.
But when do Tantrums need to be treated?
- When it is out of control.
- When the tantrums are impacting on your family life.
- When you can’t cope.
- When the child seems to be in control, rather than you.
- When the child is abusive towards you, or others.
- When the child is traumatised afterwards.
- When you or other family members are traumatised afterwards.
- When you have tried other methods, which have failed to help.
Out of control temper tantrums are an indication of imbalance within a child. Being ‘out of balance’ is not unusual at all. Some of us have digestive imbalance, some of us have recurring ear infections, asthma, migraines, the list is endless. And some of us have uncontrolled rage and Temper Tantrums.
I am listing some remedies here which you can try at home first, but you may need a deeper approach and, if this is the case, you should book my FREE 15 min Skype chat to discuss further. You can book this, and other full consultations, through my online calendar here.
Remedies for Tantrums in Children
- Cina 30 – The first thing you should check is whether your child has worms. Tantrums and internal rage, and irritability, often indicate worms. Child can be very cross. Will scream, and bite, and hit.
- Calc-Phos 30 – Children who are dissatisfied with everything and cannot be pleased. Children who are bored easily and want to be out and about, going to different places.
- Nux Vomica 30 – Ambitious children who are independent, impatient and head-strong. Usually want something NOW and, if not, tantrums result in destructive tendencies – kicks, bites, spits, hits.
- Chamomilla 30 – Made from chamomile so very good at calming children. Particularly good if anger and tantrums are from teething or colicky pains. Demanding children who are very sensitive to pain. So sensitive that they can become violent and angry.
How to Administer Remedies for Tantrums
Give one tablet daily for 3 days. Then wait a week and see how the child responds. If this is not quite helping, you should book in with me for the FREE 15 min Skype chat to discuss further. Then I can advise you whether you need an Acute Consultation or Full Consultation. These can all be booked on my online calendar here.
Remedies can be sourced from some local health food shops and the online homeopathic pharmacies (Helios and Ainsworth in the UK).
Homeopathy is not about changing a child’s personality. It is focused on bringing that child back into balance, both physically and emotionally. And reducing the tantrums so that the child can feel a sense of well-being and contentment.
This is always my focus when treating anybody. An outcome of well-being and contentment is a must. So whatever is hindering that should be treated.