You are what you eat – but you can add to that you are what you feel too. A combination of the two is what usually disorders our digestive tracts. Our guts can hold on to our emotions. So put good stuff in, and good stuff comes out (food and emotions/thoughts). Easier said than done sometimes.
- Constipation is so common, among children as well as adults. Children can hold on for days without going. You can read more about treating constipation in children at home with remedies yourself HERE. Constipation in adults sometimes signifies a difficulty in ‘letting go’. Letting go of the hurts, letting go of the past, letting go of emotional pain, letting go of the stress, letting go of the fears and barriers that are holding us back in life, letting go of the ‘crap’ … literally. So finding a homeopathic remedy which matches on an emotional level as well as a physical level will have a good outcome. The holistic approach, which focuses on treating the person rather than the ‘disease label’ is the best way to use homeopathy.
- Diarrhoea is also common and can become chronic, both in adults and children. There sometimes can be a feeling of being out of control or fearfulness and anxiety.
- IBS is a chronic condition with lots of symptoms (gas, bloating, pain and cramping, diarrhoea/constipation, rectal incontinence, mucousy stool). There is often a lot of stress and fear of making change. There are lots of popular remedies people use for IBS – the key is to find the right one(s) by focusing on the physical complaint along with the emotional wellbeing – again, the holistic approach of treating the person rather than the ‘disease label’ is the best way. This is easily done by taking a very detailed case history with the present-day circumstances.
- Ulcers are sometimes associated with some unresolved issues on an emotional level.
- Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, Gallstones, Bad Breath, Colitis, Piles, Heartburn – lots of popular homeopathic remedies.
Why do these Digestive Problems happen?
Nature and Nurture!
Nature in that we are born the way we are, with predisposition or susceptibility to particular ailments. Some of this can be genetic.
Nurture by our personal life experiences, exposures and learned behaviours from our parents and family members.
Treating Digestive Problems Naturally
Homeopathy is holistic so getting a detailed picture of everything that is going on is the key. Then a remedy or remedies can be put together that matches everything about the person, which allows the body to begin to respond.
Support remedies can also be prescribed which work at a therapeutic level – zoom in on a particular symptom or problem (such as prescribing Colocynthis for cramping pains in the tummy).
If you’d like to work with me directly, please book an online consultation via my calendar here